Honda Rebel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to convert lights to LED on a 2005 250, and want to add finer controls over how the lights operate, with additional switches, warning/indicator lights, and relays. For example, I want to add hazard flasher, headlight strobe, marker lights, headlight cutoff, etc. Has anybody found any switch panel/boxes, indicator panels, and auto junction boxes that can be mounted on a Rebel, and convenient places and ways to install them? I have seen individual switches and lights that can be mounted on the bars, but there is only so much usable bar space! I'd like to use waterproof boxes, and I'd like to avoid making a custom panel to replace the standard one. Some of the switches need to be immediately accessible while riding, while others are for more occasional configuration use. Sorry if this has already been addressed by a previous post; I was unable to find one. Thanks for any ideas!

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,113 Posts
I used these.
CoCocina 7/8inch Handlebars Left & Right Control Switch for Honda Rebel CA250 CMX 250 96-12 CMX250C 03-11
Sorry, I can't seem to get the link to work. They are on Amazon.

There are several extra capabilities to these. They can be used as designed to shut off headlight & even taillight. I didn't use it in this fashion. I used this slide switch for my fog lights & hazards instead.
Along with these 9 pin connectors, it wires up well.
This should handle some of the functionality that you need.

Reactions: markwilliamson

·
Premium Member
85 CMX 250C, 82 GW Remember that you are invisible, treat all others accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,113 Posts
When I wired my hazards, I bought a flashing light normally used for alarm systems. It flashes when power is applied. So it only needed a ground & a hot from the same switch that powers the lights which also flash by themselves. No relays needed.

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,113 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

I think that I finally figured how to make a shot of how these actually look!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
  • Haha
Reactions: Emil
1 - 6 of 6 Posts