Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of November's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Honda rebel 250 stock
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm trying to find a set of side bags (or saddle bags) for a 85 honda rebel 250. I would like them to be real brown leather. Slanted (to go with the shocks) and preferably a bottle holder on both or one. I'm having a hard time finding something I like that is real leather and not trash.
I would also like to be able to remove them easy for leather maintenance and cleaning.

Thanks in advanced.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
2,875 Posts
I know that in Amish Country they'll make you just about anything out of leather. Unless you find a skilled fabricator, you'll need something similar has a pattern. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
CMX 250, 1996
34 Posts
I wouldn't look for specific Motorcycle sattlebags but for leather bags in general, maybe even backpacks.
It is an easy job to convert nearly any bag of fitting size to a saddlebag.

·
Super Moderator
31,959 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not worried about the work. I have a lot of leather I already take care of including a leather handler bar bag that I just oiled and waxed to waterproof it.

I was thinking about getting this one. (Viking Odin Brown Large Honda CMX250C Rebel 250 Leather Motorcycle Saddlebags) Ive heard some good things about Viking bags and they're bags come pre oiled and waxed so the leather is waterproof
And all of theyre bags come with the hardware for a soft throw over mount or hard mounted.

·
Super Moderator
31,959 Posts
Only drawbacks (for me) to those bags are they don't appear to have the quick release snap buckles under the leather straps, and only one hole in the strap. Viking does have a good reputation for quality products. Their claim that the mounting hardware kit is worth $140 is blowing smoke IMO. cmx250 saddlbag brackets: Search Result | eBay

·
Registered
CMX 250, 1996
34 Posts
But overall pricing of these bags seem very descent.
The Price is for a pair and mounting included, looks like a pretty good deal to me.
If the leather is good quality, then you would pay this price for one bag, without mounting hardware, here in old Germany.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Their claim that the mounting hardware kit is worth $140 is blowing smoke IMO. cmx250 saddlbag brackets: Search Result | eBay
Yeah. I know its bs. Its just market bull. But the hardware can be quick connect (at least good enough for me) you can mount the bars to the bikes rear fender strut and were you connect the bag to the bars with bolts you can just use butterfly nuts or thumbs screws

1 - 8 of 8 Posts