Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I'm looking for the electric cover for a 85 rebel. It is the triangular part that goes to the left of the battery cover.

If any of you have the time to take the dimensions of the part that would be useful too, I'm thinking I could 3D print a temporary cover. Thank you!

·
Registered
1987 CMX250C
1,627 Posts
Best I can do is an image.. too lazy to uncover mine at the moment..
sits slightly inbound of rear diagonal frame tube..
provides a small shelf my battery connector sits atop
arrows note the change in angle..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! The close up picture is very helpful. I think the hardest part to get right will be the position of the screw, but I’ll make a cardboard mock-up before I print anything

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried ebay or Jacks Rebel Warehouse? Jack's Motorcycle Shop (rebelcatalog.com)

Jack has a lot of used parts that aren't listed in his catalog.
Ooh interesting. I did check their catalog, but I didn't contact them. I'll send them an email :)

I've already started working on the rough shape of the cover, so even he doesnt have the part it seems like imma be able to cover those wires hhahah

·
Registered
1987 CMX250C
1,627 Posts
That's impressive cad image..
this angle may help

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I'm looking for the electric cover for a 85 rebel. It is the triangular part that goes to the left of the battery cover.

If any of you have the time to take the dimensions of the part that would be useful too, I'm thinking I could 3D print a temporary cover. Thank you!

View attachment 109726
Found this one on ebay just now. Shipping brings the tally way up ... does indicate "Or best offer".

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Everyone,

View attachment 109726
Have you tried any cycle salvage yards ?

·
Super Moderator
3,881 Posts
Ooh interesting. I did check their catalog, but I didn't contact them. I'll send them an email :)

I've already started working on the rough shape of the cover, so even he doesnt have the part it seems like imma be able to cover those wires hhahah

View attachment 109731 View attachment 109732
I have a few of those covers available as reproductions. They are cast resin, very strong. Not sure I have the bolt atm but you can get a suitable metric bolt at the hardware store.

Reactions: flying_sloth
1 - 9 of 9 Posts