Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! First of all this forum has been awesome for reference. Was gifted an 83 CM250 from a friend a couple weeks ago and have spent my off time tearing it apart and putting it back together. Say in a barn for 20 years. Carb was absolutely glued shut. After rebuilding and cleaning (3 day Pine Sol soak to even get the butterflies to open). Got it started without issue. However there is an obvious vacuum leak as well as choke issue. Getting the choke linkage and throttle linkage back in place was a challenge. With the cemented carb someone tried a bit hard with the choke and throttle. Throttle is set now, but was hoping someone had some input on the choke linkage. I have attached a couple bad photos. The sprung outer bit seems to flutter.

Also after reassembly I have a mystery tube that did not get back on the bike. Would anyone know where it goes? I did not see an obvious place for it. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,145 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, found the nipple to attach to this morning. Just needed to look a bit harder. Unfortunately the parts fiche doesn’t show the choke part, but I believe after some more reading last night it is a spring loaded choke plate. Allows the choke to open when there is sufficient vacuum.

Follow up question. Part 16 in the carb diagram is the air cutoff valve cover, however I do not see an actual acv in the parts fiche. I definitely do not have anything installed behind that plate. Is this correct? Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts