Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
howdy, finally getting my 450 back together... going to do the clutch so I had to order the 26mm clutch nut spanner (motion pro 08-0572). once I get it off can I reuse the staked nut holding the basket on? would I just restake it on a different point? Im only asking because its a hard to find part... I just did clutch on my 250 and it was an $8 part so I replaced it but on the 450 the only ones I can find are on ebay in japan and over a month to ship... would rather resuse old one but if I cant I guess ill have to bite the bullet 馃槪

Super Moderator
If you can lift the staked portion of the skirt, I would say you can definitely use it again. Most folks have to grind/cut the staked portion out to get the nut off. If you reuse it, you may have to install it with a lower or higher torque value than spec, assuming the original installation was to spec.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
on my 250 I just used the air impact gun to take it off, came out easy peasy. figuring id do the same here, it didnt damage the threads and I didnt need to lift the staked portion. but i will try use a chisel and hammer to lift before I take it off on this one because I intend reuse it. thanks flite :cool:

Premium Member
Hi there,
I have found that the staked portion of the nut is messed up so as to not work to hold the nut in place. Her is a place to get a new one. A lot of the motorcycle shops I checked didn't have any. It would be cheaper to get a new one and know it will not come loose, rather than it come loose and you have to replace the clutch basket.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there,
I have found that the staked portion of the nut is messed up so as to not work to hold the nut in place. Her is a place to get a new one. A lot of the motorcycle shops I checked didn't have any. It would be cheaper to get a new one and know it will not come loose, rather than it come loose and you have to replace the clutch basket.

thank you jax! i checked motosport, partzilla, revzilla, ebay and none of em had this part, only reason i was contemplating reusing but idk why i didnt check rocky mountain! will defiantly get that ordered! when you did yours did it have a 20mm or 26mm outer diameter? part says 20mm, but i measured the old one and its 26mm... i have a 20 and 24 od tool but i figured i needed a 26. ill order it and see if you dont know. thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts