Honda Rebel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got me one of those 450cc...

Hi all, super happy to be here, new member (been lurking for a while), and got me a 1987 cmx450 with 8xxx miles, recently all rebuilt, my guess they crash the thing and didn't want to write it off... anyway it looks super clean with freshly powder coated fenders, gas tank and battery cover.

And still I have a ton of questions, whats the best recommendation for a cellphone holder and charger, how to get one working without killing the battery? I would also like to replace the headlight for a newer LED...

Anyways they will kepp coming and coming.... hello all from NJ.

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,380 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I keep my cell phone in pocket..
no one is important enough for me to be distracted by talking to while riding..
I do have a lighter type connector that is used by cell and trickle charger connected to battery
cell sits in saddle bag while charging..

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Material property Gas

·
Super Moderator
30,831 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There's a special section for the 450s, so if you have questions, you'll probably get answers quicker there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum

I keep my cell phone in pocket..
no one is important enough for me to be distracted by talking to while riding..
I do have a lighter type connector that is used by cell and trickle charger connected to battery
cell sits in saddle bag while charging..

View attachment 111299
Mostly I needed for directions but yeah paying all the attention to the road on those others less considerated drivers... is your lighter style plug waterproof?

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,380 Posts
water proof nah, not much water in the desert,, has a cap that keeps out most dust, water too I suppose..
we did get 0.09" of rain yesterday
than again with internal positive contact in center of fixture water would have to be rather high before it would start making hydrogen gas through electrolysis..

I tried Waze,, while it will show most locations it doesn't give best route for me.. I could hardly hear directions driving truck, wouldn't be any way to hear in while riding bike.. On trips gas buddy combined with road atlases works for me
I'm old school

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
2,380 Posts
As far as headlight you will have to watch wattage replacement would consume.
Original lamp consumes 60/55 watts High/Low beam while the alternator only produces 170 watts at 5000 rpm

1157 bulb 7/27 watts
1073 bulb 23 watts

Font Parallel Number Screenshot Pattern

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
water proof nah, not much water in the desert,, has a cap that keeps out most dust, water too I suppose..
we did get 0.09" of rain yesterday
than again with internal positive contact in center of fixture water would have to be rather high before it would start making hydrogen gas through electrolysis..

I tried Waze,, while it will show most locations it doesn't give best route for me.. I could hardly hear directions driving truck, wouldn't be any way to hear in while riding bike.. On trips gas buddy combined with road atlases works for me
I'm old school
Jealous... we had 9 whole inches of rain last week...
As far as headlight you will have to watch wattage replacement would consume.
Original lamp consumes 60/55 watts High/Low beam while the alternator only produces 170 watts at 5000 rpm

1157 bulb 7/27 watts
1073 bulb 23 watts

View attachment 111302
Awesome thanks for the diagram.... if I replace the light it will be goong the led rout and thise lights draw less power but produce more light... or atbleast that is the case in my car...

·
Super Moderator
7,890 Posts
Welcome to forum n enjoy your ride

Reactions: Evangelionhd
1 - 9 of 9 Posts