Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Been asked what I am doing with the Nighthawk I bought. I'm in the UK but this was a 1991 US import. As you can see she was in showroom condition!
Been left unloved for some time but got her started and sounded good. As it turned out the bike had been reasonably well maintained.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

This is the current state of build. The frame back end was chopped and I fabricated a loop tail added brackets for side panels and lowered the front tank pegs. The frame, swing arm, fork lowers and centre stand were then powder coated in satin black. The engine has been enamelled. Rear wheel hub laced with stainless spokes to a Did 18 x 2.5 rim as the 16 inch rim did not look right. 330mm rear shocks fitted and new chain and sprocket kit. The tyres are Heidenau K60, a German brand I like. The rear tyre is 130 section. Next will be the carb airbox and wiring loom. Going for a scrambler look.

·
Super Moderator
29,858 Posts
Nice work. Any chance the rear tire will hit the frame loop if the shocks bottom out?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice to see another Nighthawk here, I don't think I've read about another US spec NH in the UK as the ones Honda sold there had alloys and a front disc.

I agree the 16" rear doesn't look right, but load capacity is higher with the 16 for 2-up riding.

You might want to add an inch of preload spacer to each front fork spring to stiffen things up.

Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts