Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Easter all!
I recently purchased a 2018 Honda Rebel with 500 miles as my first bike. Test drove the bike before buying this week and it drove fine. The bike also drove fine on my 3 mil drive to work. Coming home, about a block away from my house, the bike wouldn’t shift out of first. In addition, it’s hard to get the bike moving after fully letting out the clutch. The bike needs an oil change from sitting. Would anyone have suggestions on how to remedy this? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,025 Posts
Happy Easter all!
I recently purchased a 2018 Honda Rebel with 500 miles as my first bike. Test drove the bike before buying this week and it drove fine. The bike also drove fine on my 3 mil drive to work. Coming home, about a block away from my house, the bike wouldn’t shift out of first. In addition, it’s hard to get the bike moving after fully letting out the clutch. The bike needs an oil change from sitting. Would anyone have suggestions on how to remedy this? Thanks
sounds like the clutch cable needs to be adjusted to have some play in the cable when the lever is out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts