Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idle mixture screw is flush with bottom of carb housing ,there is a small hole drilled in it.There is a black ink mark across it as a index mark.How do I adjust this or remove it ? Is this a West Coast bike .I bought it new in Pa.

·
Super Moderator
29,464 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If the model number on the VIN plate located on the steering neck says CMX250 AC, it's a California model. If it says CMX250 A, it isn't.

The idle mixture screw on the 2014-2016 Rebels comes from the factory with a cap over the screw. If this has been removed, someone has probably changed the screw settings. To adjust the screw, turn it clockwise until it is gently seated. Over tightening the screw will damage the tip . Turn the screw out 2 1/2 turns from lightly seated as a beginning point and then in or out in 1/4 turn increments until the ideal idle is reached. A service manual will provide detailed instructions on how to best set the idle. I recommend the Honda and Haynes manuals, in that order. I don't recommend the Clymer manual.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tag reads cmx250c as far as the screw there is no place for a cap the screw does not extent below the carb body it was not broken it has a hole drilled in the screw and still has a factory index mark there. My thought was a West Coast because of strict emission laws honda made it so it could not be moved Thank You

·
Super Moderator
29,464 Posts
There isn't a slot in the top of the screw for a screwdriver? You may be looking at the cap covering the screw.

Why do you think the screw needs to be adjusted?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
if it looks somewhat like this area circled in red the cap hasn't been removed to expose air fuel screw underneath
find a small screw that can be tightened in hole and pliers to pull cap out..

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine looks similar to that it is flush with bottom of housing .it has a 5/32 hole drilled in center 3/16 deep.I modified a easy out to fit into hole. I turned it counterclockwise but will not turn , my thought is locktite ? It has to turn because it has a black index mark across it.

·
Super Moderator
29,464 Posts
Do you have a clearer pic?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry no,I squeezed my smart phone under carb to get that.I need to ride it to finish out season, until it snows. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
29,464 Posts
To me, that looks like the cap covering the screw. You would need to pry that out to get to the screw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts