Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!

This is my first post on the forum, and I'm blown away by how resourceful this forum is.
I'm the owner of a 2001 CMX250 (sorry, messed up the title!), and cleaned the carbs yesterday.

Everything went well except for reinstalling the main jet/needle and tightening it... it now seems... low?? When I removed it, it had some space before seating on the carb metal. Now it seats directly against the carb when tightened. Otherwise it is loose. Am I missing an o-ring or something? According to all my research and following youtube videos there shouldn't be anything I'm missing, but it's driving me mental. I could also be completely mistaken as this is my first rodeo.

Should I get some loctite? What's the deal here.

Thanks so much!

Pics attached (how it was vs how it is now tightened)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,144 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Look at this diagram and find part number 2 near part #22 (there are two parts numbered 2). It is a guide for the needle and is inserted into the main jet tube before the jet tube is screwed in. The concave end faces the needle and the convex end is toward the jet tube. With everything properly positioned, snug the brass jet tube into the threaded portion of the corresponding part of the carb. It doesn't take much force to tighten the jet tube sufficiently.

https://www.cheapcycleparts.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053e0cef870021c54be0ddb/carburetor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my gosh, thank you so much. I had it backwards *facepalm*. It didn't come out with the jet originally, and I thought it came from the other side. Crisis averted! Thank you flitecontrol!

·
Super Moderator
29,144 Posts
I won't tell you how I learned this, other than to say we learn from our mistakes. :nonono:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts