Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new stator but you can't find them new anymore, I've researched and came up with some possible fixes to my problem

1. Buy a stator for the second gen
The problem is that apparently the second gen has a different flywheel but the same crankshaft so is it worth it to do a flywheel and stator swap, has anyone done it before

2. Are the 450 and 250 stators interchangeable
This one is just a question, does anyone know if there are any interchangeable by any chance

3.buying one from a motorsports store at a high price

Is this worth the money would a flywheel and stator from the second gen be cheaper and would it work. Does the listing on ebay even work for the 1986 rebel 250 or is it different

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
1,904 Posts
2nd generation stater is larger in diameter thus your 1st gen flywheel won't fit over windings.
I see no electrical reason the combination of both stator and flywheel from 2nd gen wouldn't work..

You might consider having your existing stator rewound..
several rewinding services have online presence.
imo it's far better than buying a used one on ePay.

As for the eBay listing I wouldn't trust it, would demand a written guarantee it will preform as indicated, and be prepared to dispute PayPal/CC charges based on that guarantee when it doesn't work..
If you look closely they don't even provide the connectors needed to match Honda wiring harness.. Than there is the 2nd gen Rebel image

·
Super Moderator
1987 CMX250C AC
1,904 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts