Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,552 Posts
They are vibration dampers. Without them, even more vibration would transfer to the rider's hands. Many bikes have them. I've never removed them so don't know how easy replacement would be.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,412 Posts
They fell out of my '85 so I replaced them with aftermarket ones. I added long weights inside of the handlebars, because they didn't come with them. Either way, you should also get "vibration destroyer" type additions for the mirrors.
KLR650.com - Mirror Vibration Isolator

Reactions: bikernks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Even my "big" honda the PC800 has bar end weights. And that engine is a 270 degree V twin that has very little buzz in the first place. My hands are sensitive to the buzz that bar weights take out and it makes a numb to burning sensation, so the weights are staying. The 360 degree twin like the 450 is the worst shaker, no primary balance, BUT Honda added a balance shaft. Sneaky.

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,412 Posts
The Vibration Distroyers fit all 1st & 2nd generation Rebels.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have one on my left side but the right one fell out. It is night and day difference between the two sides. They make a huge difference. They're super easy to take out, just need a phillips head screwdriver.

·
Registered
National Cycle's Streetshield EX. Corbin Saddle. Tourmaster Saddlebags.
950 Posts
Emil, I got my mirror vibration absorbers in the mail today and installed them. Will have to wait another 3 to 4 weeks to try'em out. I had surgery a week ago and am not being allowed to ride my bike (and do a whole lot of other things) until the healing is close to finished. Thanks for the tip. I'm sure they'll work great.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
After adding these & my phone holder, the left mirror doesn't vibrate at all. The phone holder adds weight to the mirror holder keeping it relatively stationary. This is the mirror that I primarily use.
The right is about 80% less than it was.

·
Registered
National Cycle's Streetshield EX. Corbin Saddle. Tourmaster Saddlebags.
950 Posts
Just a followup.

Was released by the surgeon yesterday to once again ride my Rebel. Have put about a hundred miles on it and can honestly say I think I wasted the money on the mirror vibration absorbers. I see no difference while riding............though they seem to have diminished the vibrations of the mirrors when at stop-lights and signs. Our roads around here are far from smooth, but I thought surely I'd have noticed at least SOME improvement. Oh well, just chalk it up as another gimmick.

·
Premium Member
3,412 Posts
Most of those that use these see an improvement. In my case, it was a dramatic amount.
Sorry they didn't seem to help you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts