Honda Rebel 250 & 450 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,201 Posts
CHOP IT UP AND MAKE IT INTO A BOBBER!!!!!

J/k, please don't hurt me. Your restoration looks fantastic man. Nice job!
I was going to say.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Then I saw the bottom comment. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Yazman

·
Registered
1986 cmx250c
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Thanks for everyone's compliments!
Enjoy posting! My 1st

Oil screen cleaning most likely after first 4500 miles. A couple metal flakes, looked like aluminum, mostly carbon and what I'd call carpet fuze.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,362 Posts
Dirtiest oil screen I've seen. Curious as to why all the non-metallic junk was on there.

·
Registered
1986 cmx250c
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I'm not sure, wish I was, why so much carbon on the screen. I'm hoping the fact that the air filter assy was definitely not attached to the carb due to missing parts, resulted in improper fuel air mixture for a good period of time. 2nd, maybe, the exhaust stud broken on r/h cyl had been broken for a long time resulting in the complete loss of proper back pressures? Plus, the poor thing, was undoubtedly not maintained and might have received her first oil change just prior to my daughter's purchase.
Either way, fingers crossed, we won't have to find out later 😉

·
Registered
1986 cmx250c
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
and, okay, the big one that I refuse to even consider, broken or cracked rings. Although I haven't done any kind of compression check, both the plugs looked like they were identical. Black and damp.

·
Registered
1986 cmx250c
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 · (Edited)
Batt box w/sexy cover. Starter relay, l/h fork and chain drive gear cover insulation.
Filled engine with oil, pulled the plugs and cranked her over for a bit to get oil up in there. Replaced plugs and cranked again. Compression between the cylinders sounds good and even.

Attachments

·
Registered
1986 cmx250c
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Handle bar install for holders alignment to the bridge. Will remove bar, polish and then need to reinstall so I can start hanging levers, switches and cables. Oh yeah, and wires. Lots of wires.

Electrical Junction box and half the connectors that fit inside it. I don't fancy this as it's way too crowded for so many large bulky connectors.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1985, 86 CMX250C, 81 CM200T, 74 CL360, Invisible to cages, treat them accordingly. Avoids Road RAGE!
3,201 Posts
Yes! The dreaded "rats nest"! It all will fit... an office engineer said so! 🤪 😁
A field engineer would've made it bigger.:whistle:
That makes me think... I'll start another post about this.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts