Honda Rebel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:

Trying to remove the seat on my '83 CM250. I've found some directions online, but they seem to be wrong.

Most online sources say that there is some sort of "seat lever" that unlocks and gets the seat up, but that doesn't seem to exist (or is so well hidden that I can't even find it).

It looks from the parts diagram that there are bolts that hold it on, but that makes no sense. To get to them, you either have to be a contortionist with infinite patience (there's about a 1/2" gap to get to them, not nearly big enough to a ratchet, and there are 3 of them), OR you have to take the entire fender off, which looks impossible from the underside.

I'm sure there's a trick to it, but I can't find the manual anywhere and can't find good info on how to take the seat off. This seat is definitely different from the actual "rebel" seat that just comes off with bolts, and it's also an '83, which was the one year of belt drive, and so who knows what other changes there were?

Any info on how to get this seat off would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
The directions you got with the two latches one on each side of the seat and about half way front to back are correct on all most all the CM models but as you say Honda did some strange things to the '83

Open this link -- 1983 Honda CM250C A REAR FENDER | Ronnie's Mail Order

Look at the two latches on the Pipe #2 I am thinking this is what holds the set on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hm. OK, i'll give that a try.

I'd usually just say a normal thanks for replying, but I think you've replied to all of my posts so far, so I'll say "thanks" and add that your pretty much rock.

Thanks for being so helpful!!

I'll report back ASAP

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Your very welcome! I have been in this bike game for a very long time and I like to talk motorcycles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The directions you got with the two latches one on each side of the seat and about half way front to back are correct on all most all the CM models but as you say Honda did some strange things to the '83

Open this link -- 1983 Honda CM250C A REAR FENDER | Ronnie's Mail Order

Look at the two latches on the Pipe #2 I am thinking this is what holds the set on.
That's for a fender for sale

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't know about your 83 model but my 96 has a passenger seat and that seat must come off first to access the center bolt holding the seat. There are two small bolts at the rear of the seat that must come out first.

·
Super Moderator
29,144 Posts
He's asking about a 1983 Rebel precursor, the CM250 Custom. It had a single seat for the rider and pillion and mounted differently than a Rebel seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts