I'm new here, my english is not my mother language, but, I hope I explain what I want to ask.
Few days ago, I bought a Honda Rebel CA125 for my daughter. When I saw it, the engine start but smoking and a lot of knock inside it. Turning back home, first I checked the valve clearance. I was very disappointed, the valve rocker with tappet knock like hammer, cca. 1.5mm space to each valve. Cam chain tensioner was soft, cam chain haven't tensioned properly. The right piston and barrel are very worn and I think I need to use 0.75mm repair kit, directly, to have the right condition for compression. Need new sparks... and a lot of work.
Good news are that the crankshaft seems to be good, other components seems to have good clearance.
1) These bikes have or not oil filter?
2) These bikes have or not balance shaft? (I found on ebay: Honda Rebel CA125 Ausgleichswelle Balance Shaft | eBay
3) Clutch friction plates standard/service thickness and clutch metal plates standard/service thickness?
4) There is a place where I could find a repair manual, in electronic format/files, for download? I have some fiches with parts from another site.
5) What other need to check for bad clearance to this engine.