Thanks For Joining!
There is no charge for joining this Forum! This is a community of individuals who share a common interest in the Honda Rebel. It is our goal to support the thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experiences among Rebel enthusiasts and we aim to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place that you want to visit time and time again. If you come across any violations of these guidelines or have any problems navigating the site, do not hesitate to let us know through the Report Post function or by contacting a moderator. We'll be happy to address your concerns.
Please think before you post and limit your comments to the topic at hand; above all be nice. We encourage everyone to participate in and enjoy the Community while at the same time adhering to these rules:
* Our rules extend to all sections of the website including messaging functions, blogs, galleries and any other public or private posting.
* Do not engage in personal attacks. You may challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, or offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, and national origin are not acceptable.
* Discussion topics should be associated with the Honda Rebel with the exception being the ''Time Out” Off topic Forum which is intended for some non-Rebel related topics.
* General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion tend to offend one group or another, and are not allowed in ANY areas of Honda Rebel Forum. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, that directly pertain to the Honda Rebel or motorcycling are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive.
* Posts containing rude, explicit, obscene or vulgar language, vulgar humor or abbreviations, images or links to websites with adult content/images or punctuation marks designed to "trick" our obscenity filter will be removed.
* Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy and we make the rules. We encourage members to engage in discussions, but there is no guarantee that you can say whatever you like. If rules are violated we retain the right to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account.
* Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact a forum administrator.
* Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
* Do not start or participate in flame wars, i.e. my XXX is better than your XXXX.
* Do not post the same discussion more than once or in more than one forum.
* Posts are to be made in the topically appropriate forum area and may be moved to meet this standard. Posts made in the various 'mechanical' forums should be relative to the topic of that forum.
* Participants may not bump threads unnecessarily. Bumping is posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot.
* Trolling, flaming, or cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
* We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness.
No Spam, Sales or Solicitations in Forum Discussions
NO SPAM! Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit.
* Participants may not post affiliate links or direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest unless a commercial account has been established. Exception to this may be found in Signature standards (see below).
* Post Rebel and motorcycle related sales in Classifieds only. Discussion forums, galleries or other sections of our site may not be used to sell products or solicit for items wanted. A brief (passing) mention that an item is listed in the Classified area is acceptable, but must not include an item description, pricing or similar details. Please see classifieds posting guidelines below.
Forum members may use standard fonts available on the forum. The standard font size is 2. The use of bold, large or colored fonts should be used sparingly. Posts containing inappropriate formatting will be removed or modified at our discretion; e.g. all caps or excessive color.
E-mail addresses, URLs, business names and vulgar or offensive names are not appropriate forum user names. If you choose a username that is confusing, misleading or similar to an already existing account, we may require you to change it.
Posts should be well formatted. Use paragraphs, punctuation, and capital letters appropriately. Excessive use of Netspeak/LOLspeak (internet slang) and texting shortcuts (b4, str8, etc) is not permitted. Posts with violations may be edited or deleted without notification.
The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.
Do not post protected or copyrighted material. Information copyrighted or owned by any individual or entity other than the member should not be posted on the discussion forums without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held solely responsible. You cannot legally post entire articles or news in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article correctly, it’s still copyright infringement. Under Fair Use provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article - or perhaps the opening paragraph. In either case please post a link to the source. The exception to this rule is press releases; they are meant for distribution and can be copied and posted in their entirety. If you are not sure if you can copy something then always err on the side of caution and simply post a link to the material.
Signatures must be setup in your profile rather than manually added to your messages. They will appear at the bottom of every post you make.
* Signatures must be kept to a maximum of three lines (including blank lines) and contain no more than one link. (non-commercial).
* Signatures may not include email addresses, links to competing websites, prompts to contact or a sales pitch.
* Signatures must follow our forums posting standards.
Classifieds Posting Rules
Our classifieds system is offered as a benefit of membership. We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
* Place only one ad per item - do not post or repost an ad in more than one section of the classifieds.
* Do not place ads directing others to an e-bay online sale or directing others to another website.
* Ads automatically expire after a set period of time and upon expiring may be renewed or reposted.
* Ads may be removed by our staff at any time for any reason.
Rebel and motorcycle Commercial Posting
Our Community is intended for the exchange of thoughts, ideas, questions, experiences and knowledge related to the Honda Rebel and sharing that information in a friendly, non-commercial atmosphere. We recognize, however, that many of the most experienced, informed members have a motorcycle related commercial interest and that their years of experience as motorcycle industry professionals are the very foundation of their enhanced knowledge.
Every member is invited to participate in all areas of the Forum, but when Sponsoring Vendors and Commercial Members are discussing their own product, service or company, they must respect and conform to all Community Rules and participate within the following specific guidelines:
* Official HRF sponsors will be designated as Vendors and become part of our Vendor Group, enabling them to post in the Commercial section. The Commercial forum is the only forum area specifically designed to post announcements about products and services. Sponsors are encouraged to answer member questions in regard to their products and may quote product prices and promote sales specials in this forum.
* Sponsors may provide links to external content about their products.
* Sponsors are encouraged to post and join in general forum conversations.
* Official Honda Rebel Forum sponsor members may not solicit our membership or advertise in any other section of the forum except as specifically allowed in these policies or by prior arrangements with forum administration. Sponsors may post information about their products and answer questions about their product posed by any party that requests the information.
* Sponsors may offer information that points out the differences between their product and a competing product only if it serves to clarify an issue but may not post in a disparaging way about a competitors product.
* Sponsors must have their business name incorporated into their signature block (may be a (1) link to website) and may include their business telephone number.
Any member with a motorcycle related product, service or company, whether for profit or not for profit, may make a request to become a Commercial Member. Honda Rebel Forum does not discourage nor endorse any commercial entity and is not primarily intended for soliciting business by commercial entities (advertising). Commercial Members must adhere to all forum policies including the following which specifically pertain to Commercial Members:
* Members with a commercial interest in participating in our community will be identified as commercial members at our discretion.
* Commercial members may not solicit our membership or advertise except as specifically allowed in these policies. This includes: posting prices, directing members to phone for more info or directing members to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest in, including informational pages.
* Commercial members will refrain from making direct, emotionally charged, posts to, or about competitors.
* Commercial members may not post product comparisons.
* Commercial members may not use any section of the forum to discuss their products or services unless answering a direct question and even in this case may not quote prices.
* Commercial members must have their business name incorporated into their signature block (may be a (1) link to website). Commercial members may include their business telephone number within their profile (but not in their signature).
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through other means but not through our community.
About the First Amendment and Your "right to free speech"
We believe in public freedom of speech but that right does not infer that others have to publish your speech. Honda Rebel Forum.com is not a public resource; it is privately owned and we require members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff. If you post outside these guidelines your post may be edited or deleted - this does not violate your right to Free Speech.
Site Management, Member Concerns & Account Closure
If we feel site rules are violated we may remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or restrict account access. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned or any other member of our site team. Do not repost deleted material. This forum is largely self-policing, which means that moderators will respond and react to problems reported through the REPORT POST option, via the CONTACT FORM at the bottom of each page, or via PM. Do not hesitate to use these tools to report any problems regarding the forum.
Requests for changes to your account should be made by using the Honda Rebel forum Help desk
Participants may only have one account. Moderators may delete multiple accounts or request clarification from the accounts in question.
We may remove accounts that have no posts. If the account has many posts, completely deleting the account can significantly disrupt thread continuity. In that event, we may (at our discretion) disable your account in some or all of the following ways: change the user name, remove signature content, subscriptions, avatar and identifying information or replace it with fictitious info. We may change account options to refuse contact and/or ban the account. Where communication features were used to share information with other individuals (e.g., sending a personal message to another Forum user) we generally cannot remove content. If someone quoted your post, the original user name will be shown as having been quoted (which we cannot purge).
Someone has to interpret the above guidelines and how they apply to this forum. Ultimately it's up to our site moderators and administrators to make this decision. If you have any questions about these guidelines, please feel free to contact the moderator staff.
Registering and participating at Honda Rebel Forum.com constitutes agreement to abide by these rules and to abide by the community rules.
We reserve the right to modify these rules at any time without giving prior notice.
Lately there have been certain occurrences on the forum that have caused us some concern.
In the past week, we have seen crude references to body parts and functions, certain vulgarities, and some other issues as well.
We have no intention of naming instances or pointing fingers but I do want to remind EVERYONE that this forum has a diverse population. Ages range from 16 to 90 with an average of about 50. We have both men and women from all walks of life and members from many nations.
When posting, please consider your wording.. There are ways to get your point across without vulgarity. Basically, post something you wouldn’t mind having your seven year old daughter say.
Even better, something you wouldn’t mind having your seven year old daughter say in front of your grandmother.
Granted, there is some room for interpretation in those.
I’d like to address how we interpret some of them.
Respect Each Other: Our philosophy is that we want The Honda Rebel Forum to be an online reflection of the wheeling community. Treat each other with respect just as you would on the road. Here are some general guidelines that we expect you to follow:
* Do not engage in personal attacks.
There is a big difference in disagreement and disagreeable. The free exchange of ideas is what it is all about. Some folks may have a different view. Expressed respectfully, everyone can learn. Remember this isn’t a private conversation. Lots of people can see what you have written. They may benefit from differing views.
* Do not post libelous remarks or directly misleading information.
Honest mistakes anyone can understand. Deliberate falsehoods however are different
* Do not post the same discussion topic more than once or in several areas of the forum.
Multiple posts will be deleted. Really, things move fairly quickly here. If someone can help, you will get a response quickly. Putting up the same thing 18 times just clogs up the boards..
* Please post in the proper category.
That sure helps! When things can be found quickly, it makes a much nicer experience for everyone. Its really nice if you can do that. In my opinion it shows you as a considerate, thoughtful person.
* Our rules extend to all sections of the website including messaging functions, galleries and any other public or private posting.
Yes they do!
* Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, or fan flames. Voice your opinion respectfully and then let it go.
Again, the difference between disagreement and disagreeable!
* We will not tolerate bigotry in any form, including posts intended to incite expressions of such bigotry from others.
We will not tolerate ANY bigotry in ANY form. Its just plain ugly. You are entitled to your opinion but everyone else is entitled to theirs as well.
It just starts flame fests and wrecks the enjoyment of the forum.
What a waste of time for everyone involved. Just don’t do it !
* Posts containing vulgar language that are overly explicit or obscene, images or links to websites with adult content/images are not allowed.
This one is one that really gets me.
Can you express yourself without vulgarity? Please do.
You are not in a high school locker room or the infantry in battle.
There is a time and place for that type of language. THIS ISN'T IT!!!
We give no quarter to this violation. I will unilaterally edit the posts. Do it enough and we will issue a ban. No warning, no consultations and no appeals.
Sure, I can swear with the best of them. I could have made Patton blush! Still there are more appropriate ways to express yourself. “Profanity is the weapon of the witless."
Did I mention this just isn’t the place for that?
* Trolling and cyberstalking are NOT allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling on this board includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of (or anticipated result of) baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
Again, no mercy and no quarter given.
Its not worth the time to even try to reason with someone who has PROVEN themself unreasonable.
* Our user base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit. Participants may not post affiliate links or links to direct others to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages unless a vendor account has been established.
Spammers will be banned on sight. Fact of life!
* Be mindful of yourself and others. This forum is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we make the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse directed at our staff may/will result in immediate suspension of your account. Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.
That one is self explanatory
* Fair warning; discussions about politics and religion are likely to be closed or removed if they turn into flame fests.
I personally cringe when I see those type of topics. Things get out of hand too quickly and no one can be around every minute of every day to put the brakes on when needed.
I would tend to pull the thread early when I see it heading in what looks like the wrong way.
* We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate ANY rudeness.
I take the be nice EXTREMELY seriously! We are heading to a zero tolerance unilateral position on this one.
This is not a discussion and we are not open to public debate on these positions.