Spray them with a shot of silicone spray.
! Managed to free the ones for the number plate light, but I have some WD40 on hand in case the others prove harder to separate
Not sure if I mentioned it, but the
Okay, so last night I marked up the steel sheet for the tail tidy, and today I drilled, cut and bent it. Sadly, I am doing most of this in my crappy little room - I managed to borrow some time on the workbench at a local car shop where I bent the tail tidy and a bracket for the rear light.
Then I tried out what I had made on the bike (offered up) and found that I needed to raise the bracket a little, and to re-drill one of the holes. You should be able to see what it's like in the second attached photo, although the actual light is not installed. Because of the bullet connectors, swapping the rear light will be simple once I have made a good bracket for it (it includes a number late light - fewer connectors).
The bloke at the car garage warned me that the galvanized steel I had chosen to make the pieces from would have a tough time holding paint unless I sanded it thoroughly - great!!!
The Tuck and Roll Seat has arrived at the shop where I ordered it, but I received two speeding tickets - see attachment (one week apart, same camera!!
) so I can't afford the good stuff and have to settle for an eBay 'other' brand version.
Anyway here are some recent photos of the steps described above.
PS. Damn this bike is great!!!
Although the stock exhaust system is too silent and I can't always tell what the revs are doing and it's a little under-powered when it comes to faster speed overtakes, the bike is sooo much fun in town, I own on this thing!! What a purchase! Rebel FTW!