Bought 1986 Rebel 250
I made my intro earlier in the week knowing full well that I was going to get a rebel soon. I wanted to let you all know that I snagged a beauty just yesterday. She only has about 8K miles on her. There are some issues that I need to fix. I have been reading through all your helpful posts and found it to be incredibly useful. I am a complete novice when it comes to mechanics. Regardless, I don't trust the word that anyone says about the maintenance done bef. With getting a bike this old, is there anything other than the things below that you guys would do/check for? Thanks for the help!
- Broken rear turn signals
- Exhaust leak (very small hole)
- Oil leak coming from front left, appears to be from the stator cover gasket.
- Front turn signals don't work properly. Left turn light stays on but doesn't turn on the turn warning light. Opposite issue on right.
- Runs well but struggling a little when warming up (dirty carb?)
- Cracked spark plug housing on right plug
- Fresh oil, spark plugs, and air filter
- Tighten chain
- Add inline fuel filter
- License plate bulb burnt out
- Seat bolt loose
Some of these are really simple issues but I wanted to keep track of it all before I forget.