Problem: After changing clutch pads clutch won't disengage.
Guys! We're new here and can't figure out how to post a new question
But ours is directly related to this one!
My son just got a '07 Rebel w/ <10k miles. After a while the clutch started slipping.
SO - We just changed the friction pads, but not the metal rings or springs.
Problem now is that clutch won't disengage.
This is what we tried:
1) putting it togeter we seated the 4 spring bolts. After assembly, there was no clutch (pressure) at all (only the lifter return spring)
2) Backed off the spring bolts 'Some' and it seemed to have half clutch
3) Backed it off more and the side casing wouldn't fit
4) adjusted the spring length by loosing/tightening the spring bolts until there was ~1/8 inch lifter lever play when assembled.
5) Then adjusted the lower linkage to where the clutch seems to have ~1/4 - 1/2 in play before it engages. And the sidecover lever seems to come all the way up.
BUT: It will start in neutral but with clutch lever pulled, it stalls dropping it into 1st.
What are we missing?????