engine mods? - Honda Rebel Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
 
REBEL_NEWB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 26
engine mods?

what engine mods are avalible for the rebels, any aftermarket cams, coils? what can I do for preformance mods? also whats the input on the best set up for pipes?
__________________
07 REBEL 250
REBEL_NEWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Idaho
Posts: 582
Your best bet for any sort of real power gains, is to get a different bike. You can't really do much the the 250 to beef it up. It is a great machine all on its own, but will never be much for performance upgrades. Until you get into the bigger cc motors, there isn't much available.
__________________
-----------------------
I text at the "TON".
-----------------------
2002 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor - Mine

1994 Honda Shadow VLX600 - Hers
Mblosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
 
Gman78222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Antonio, Texas 78222
Posts: 431
Pretty much what you get is what you get. You can add aftermarket exhausts, some require rejetting some don't. Power wise the increase will be negligable
__________________
I'm going to learn it all
One look at a time!
'04 Honda Rebel 250
Flame Red
Gman78222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:32 AM   #4
 
REBEL_NEWB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 26
that sucks... I love the rebel, amazing bikes, love mine with everything, just wanna start making it more custom and such, what exhaust is recomended from yall?
__________________
07 REBEL 250
REBEL_NEWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:52 AM   #5
 
UltraBlue09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblosch View Post
Your best bet for any sort of real power gains, is to get a different bike. You can't really do much the the 250 to beef it up. It is a great machine all on its own, but will never be much for performance upgrades. Until you get into the bigger cc motors, there isn't much available.
Agreed...Most mods are going to be very small incremental gains....
A Honda Stateline is a great mod for power gains. It takes care of all the power mods and the exhaust looks very cool too....and it comes from the factory that way!
__________________
Loud pipes save lives...Nah, they just sound cool.

2009 Honda Rebel-Ultra Blue, the fastest color.
2012 Harley Davidson Sportster XL1200 Custom.
UltraBlue09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:00 AM   #6
Moderator
 
wjmrty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne,Victoria. Australia
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL_NEWB View Post
that sucks... I love the rebel, amazing bikes, love mine with everything, just wanna start making it more custom and such, what exhaust is recomended from yall?
you can get more performance if u want . i have done it to my rebel . look at my rebel resto . I rebuilt my motor ported head, fitted a performance reground cam sharft, match ported inlet manifolds & exhaust ports,advanced timing. also note the aussie motor has twin carbys as standard . And fitted some silvertail exhaust pipes .
note is not cheep to do
__________________


2000 rebel 250 Aussie My Baby.
2012 honda PSX 150cc scooter [in Thailand]
1986 rebel Silver 450 Elvis

putting your bike info in your signature helps others help you !
wjmrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #7
 
UltraBlue09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 2,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmrty View Post
you can get more performance if u want . i have done it to my rebel . look at my rebel resto . I rebuilt my motor ported head, fitted a performance reground cam sharft, match ported inlet manifolds & exhaust ports,advanced timing. also note the aussie motor has twin carbys as standard . And fitted some silvertail exhaust pipes .
note is not cheep to do
Key words....."not cheep to do".
But as you will learn, any mod that you do, will be worth every penny you spend, even if it is just for your personal gratification, because the Rebel is a very gratifying machine to own, ride and mod...
__________________
Loud pipes save lives...Nah, they just sound cool.

2009 Honda Rebel-Ultra Blue, the fastest color.
2012 Harley Davidson Sportster XL1200 Custom.
UltraBlue09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:13 AM   #8
Moderator
 
wjmrty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Melbourne,Victoria. Australia
Posts: 4,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraBlue09 View Post
Key words....."not cheep to do".
But as you will learn, any mod that you do, will be worth every penny you spend, even if it is just for your personal gratification, because the Rebel is a very gratifying machine to own, ride and mod...
Yes so true that is why i did all these mods to my engine . I am more than happy with the horse power i have gained
__________________


2000 rebel 250 Aussie My Baby.
2012 honda PSX 150cc scooter [in Thailand]
1986 rebel Silver 450 Elvis

putting your bike info in your signature helps others help you !
wjmrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:48 AM   #9
 
Fridgitator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,488
Customods don't have to involve re-engineering the power plant. There's plenty that can be done with seats, bars, windshield, fairings, 8 track stereo, fuzzy dice, whip antenna with raccoon tail, LED lighting. Personally, I'd love to have the oversized fenders ala' early Harley that make it look like a parade float, but it's going to be awhile before I undertake that. there's really no limit to how you sign your name to your bike. By all means, have at the engine. But keep in mind that it is air cooled, and engineered to run at high RPMs for many miles without one gram more material than absolutely necessary. You may gain a bit of performance here and there, but less than you would by forgoing dessert once a week.
__________________
'09 Rebel 250

Loud ties save lives.
Fridgitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: enough
Posts: 625
I saw a thread here of a guy adding a turbo to a Rebel. I don't think he finished it though. It was an old thread.
__________________
Mojo Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Motorcycle
» Stats
Members: 17,525
Threads: 22,058
Posts: 285,422
Top Poster: flitecontrol (18,553)
Welcome to our newest member, eseagar


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.


vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
2004 - 2010